Sports Science research papers
Multiple Sports Science Football publications has been done with the JOHAN Sports GPS Tracking system. Backed by sports scientists and universities, we drive innovation.
The link between data and practice
Research & Innovation
Sports scientists within football teams or field hockey teams are the link between data and practice. Research has become an important factor within the world of sports. Sometimes to validate the technology and sometimes to find new ways of training. At JOHAN we collaborate with several sports scientists and universities to do both!
Validation & reliability.
Validity and reliability are the foundation of JOHAN Sports technology. The JOHAN Sports 10 Hz GPS Tracker has been proved valid and reliable to use in sports. Several tests and studies showed an accuracy of 95% compared with Local Positioning Systems (LPS). The JOHAN GPS system is validated and therefore reliable to use within sports.
Collaborating with Sports Scientists
Filipe Clemente (Ph.D)
During the summer of 2016, JOHAN Sports visited Portugal to find new partnerships. We met a young enthusiastic sports scientist by the name of Filipe Clemente and created a fruitful collaboration to validate the JOHAN GPS system.
Nowadays, Filipe Manuel Clemente is a well-known researcher with has a Ph.D. in Sport Sciences, Sports training in the Faculty of Sport Sciences and Physical Education from the University of Coimbra. Filipe Clemente published multiple research papers. Mostly related to football. Below you will find an overview of some of his JOHAN research papers. If you’re interested to receive these papers by email, just send us a message!
Validation & benchmark studies
Load Management Studies
- Effects of small-sided soccer games on internal and external load and lower limb power – a pilot study in collegiate
- Associations between wellness and internal and external load variables in two intermittent small-sided soccer games (2018)
- Variations of external load variables between medium- and large-sided soccer games in professional players (2018)
- Dose-Response Relationship Between External Load Variables, Body Composition, and Fitness Variables in Professional Soccer Players (2019)
- External Load Variation Between Medium- and Large-Sided Soccer Games- Ball Possession Games vs Regular Games with Small Goals (2019)
- Session-to-session variation of external load measures of youth soccer players in medium-sided games (2019)
- Shorter Small-Sided Game sets may increase the intensity of internal and external load measures- a Study in amateur soccer players (2019)
- Training/Match External Load Ratios in Professional Soccer Players- A Full-Season Study (2019)
- Variations of internal and external load variables between intermittent small-sided soccer game training regimes (2019)