Sports Science research papers
Research has become an important factor within the world of sports. Sometimes to validate the technology and sometimes to find new ways of training. At JOHAN we collaborate with several sports scientists and universities to do both!
Validation & reliability.
Validity and reliability are the foundation of JOHAN Sports technology. The JOHAN 10 Hz GPS Tracker has been proved valid and reliable to use in sports. Several tests and studies showed an accuracy of 95% compared with Local Positioning Systems (LPS). The JOHAN system is validated and therefore reliable to use within sports.
During the summer of 2016, JOHAN Sports visited Portugal to find new partnerships. We met a young enthusiastic sports scientist by the name of Filipe Clemente and created a fruitful collaboration to validate the JOHAN GPS system.
Nowadays, Filipe is a well-known sports scientist and researcher and published multiple research papers. Mostly related to football. Below you will find an overview of some of his JOHAN research papers. If you’re interested to receive these papers by email, just send us a message!
Validation & benchmark studies
Validity and Reliability of 10-Hz Global Positioning System to Assess In-line movement and change of direction (2018)
Comparing medium and large-sided games with official matches in professional soccer players (2017)
Daily variance of workload in professional soccer teams from different countries (2017)
Characterization of the weekly external load profile of professional soccer teams from Portugal and the Netherlands (2018)
Quantifying the physical loading of five weeks of pre-season training in professional soccer teams from Dutch and Portuguese Leagues (2019)
Load Management Studies
- Effects of small-sided soccer games on internal and external load and lower limb power – a pilot study in collegiate
- Associations between wellness and internal and external load variables in two intermittent small-sided soccer games (2018)
- Variations of external load variables between medium- and large-sided soccer games in professional players (2018)
- Dose-Response Relationship Between External Load Variables, Body Composition, and Fitness Variables in Professional Soccer Players (2019)
- External Load Variation Between Medium- and Large-Sided Soccer Games- Ball Possession Games vs Regular Games with Small Goals (2019)
- Session-to-session variation of external load measures of youth soccer players in medium-sided games (2019)
- Shorter Small-Sided Game sets may increase the intensity of internal and external load measures- a Study in amateur soccer players (2019)
- Training/Match External Load Ratios in Professional Soccer Players- A Full-Season Study (2019)
- Variations of internal and external load variables between intermittent small-sided soccer game training regimes (2019)