Upgrade Your Fitness with JOHAN PACER’s HRV Monitoring
Introducing a new parameter within the online cloud platform of JOHAN: heart rate variability (HRV). We are excited to announce a new feature that will help our users take control of the health and wellness of their athletes. This new parameter fits perfectly within the use of the JOHAN PACER Technology and the heart rate integration.
What is heart rate variability?
HRV is a measure of the variation in time between each heartbeat. This is known as the R-R interval, which is closely tied to the functioning of the autonomic nervous system. Studies have shown that HRV can be an important indicator of overall health, as well as a predictor of a variety of health outcomes, such as stress, anxiety, depression, and even some diseases.
How is HRV measured?
The integrated heart rate sensor within the JOHAN PACER system provides accurate and detailed heart rate data, such as the heartbeats per minute, but also the time between heartbeats and the variation. HRV can be estimated using various time and frequency domain parameters that are calculated from the R-R intervals.
With our new HRV feature, users will be able to track their HRV over time, see how it responds to various lifestyle factors, and get personalized recommendations for improving their HRV and overall health.
HRV Protocol for sports teams
We’ve created a protocol to follow for teams in order to get a good HRV measurement.
- Prepare the JOHAN PACER system: make sure all players wear a PACER sensor on a belt, the sensor is turned on and the belt is wet (if the belt is not wet, use some water to make it wet. This improves heart rate connectivity and creates a faster connection with the JOHAN Live app.
- Open the JOHAN Live app to check the heart rate of all players.
- Gather all players for the measurement. For the players: relax and sit still for 2 minutes to establish a baseline. Breathe calmly and try to clear your mind.
- Once the measurement is complete, the system will calculate an HRV score automatically, which is a measure of the variation in time between your heartbeats.
- Open the JOHAN Cloud platform to track the HRV over time of all players. Only valid HRV scores will be shown.
It’s important to note that there are many factors that can affect HRV, such as exercise, stress, and sleep. To get accurate and meaningful HRV readings, it’s important to take measurements under consistent conditions, such as at the same time of day, in the same position, and after a similar period of rest.
Improving health & performance with HRV
We believe that HRV monitoring can be a powerful tool for improving health and wellness, and we are excited to bring this feature to our users. Whether you are an athlete looking to optimize your performance, or someone simply looking to improve your overall health, our HRV feature has something to offer.
Stay tuned for more updates as we continue to develop and refine our HRV feature, and start tracking your HRV today for improved health and wellness!